Team Leader Supervisor must manage people and have some form of budgetary responsibility, this can include making decisions about resource utilisation but the budgetary accountability for these resources exists at a higher level.
They will be professional in appearance, be able to communicate effectively at all levels, be able to manage projects and deliver presentations. Have a good standard of ICT including word, excel, PowerPoint. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Apprentices must have 5+ GCSE Grade A*- C or 4 and above or have achieved Level 2 functional skills.
This level 3 apprenticeship is designed to give line managers excellent leadership skills.
Knowledge and behaviors:
- Primary knowledge will be dependent on the job specification
- May performed task similar to team members, but this is not the primary function
- Engage in managerial tasks in which other team members do not engage
- Have a wide span of control, responsibility, authority or power and degree of autonomy
- Have to make decisions which have some resource implications
- Have to initiate actions in relation to the employment of others (e.g. be involved in, but not decide about recruitment, decisions or disciplinary matters)
- Have to operate with less supervision and control by others
- Plan work looking several weeks or months ahead
- Have a greater knowledge than members of the team of specific requirements of customers or suppliers (conversely, they are not likely to make decisions about varying terms of trading with customers or suppliers)
- Be required to make subjective judgements that demand understanding of relationships between people working together (this may extend to the relationship between customer or supplier and the employing organisation or other market related criteria).
What will I study?
- Leading and managing people
- Building Relationships
- Operational Management
- Project Management
- Management of self, including self-awareness; decision making; responsibility; professionalism
- Apprentices must have 5+ GCSE Grade A*- C or 4 and above or have achieved Level 2 functional skills
How will I be assessed?
- On-programme: Assessor workplace visits and assessments, day-release and completion of tasks.
- End Point Assessment: Knowledge test; competency-based interview; portfolio of evidence; Professional Discussion relating to CPD activity – These assessments will be undertaken by an assessor.
What can I do next?
- Potential to progress onto an ILM Level 5 Higher Apprenticeship.
For more enquiries about this programme, please complete the form below and we will be in touch shortly.